- Location of the city
- City `s history
- Weather in Ramenskoye
- Ramenskoye today
- The medicine
- Athletic facilities
- The population of Ramensky
- School of Music
- The city's attractions
- Manor Bykovo
- Vladimirskaya Church
- Trinity Cathedral
- Borisoglebsk lake
- Palace of Sports "Borisoglebsky"
- City Park
- Museum of military equipment
- Boris and Gleb Church
- Lake Pioneer
You may have heard in the news releases that the MOE cargo has been sent from the Ramenskoye airfield. True, not everyone represents what kind of town and where it is located.
If you turn to dry numbers, you will learn that the small town of Ramenskoye in the Moscow region was founded in 1760. Its population is 112, 989 people. Ramensky index - 140100. Telephone code +496 4. The area of the city is 59.46 km².
Location of the city
Today it is the administrative center of Ramensky district of Moscow region. The city is located in the Moscow region, south of the eastern line from the capital, about thirty-five kilometers from Moscow. Ramenskoye does not fall into the number of residential districts of the capital, as, for example, Lyubertsy, but it is not so distant as to live an independent life isolated from the capital, such as Voskresensk, located on the same branch. This is probably why the overwhelming majority of the population of Ramensky goes to work in Moscow, while citizens prefer to spend their free time in their hometown.
City `s history
The name of the settlement comes from the word "ramenye", which means "the edge of the forest, the edge". The history of Ramensky began at the beginning of the XIV century, the first written mention of this princely parish dates back to 1328. In his spiritual charter, the Prince of Moscow Ivan Kalita mentioned it.
In church written sources there is a mention of the church of Boris and Gleb. In 1730, Count PI Musin-Pushkin built the Trinity Church on this ground of stone. In the seventies of the eighteenth century, M. N. Volkonsky, the owner of the neighboring village of Dergayevo, bought land on the shores of the lake at a church landing and built a hunting house and a park around it. When the construction was completed, he transferred from other estates of the peasants and thus a new village appeared, called the owner Novo-Troitsky, later renamed Ramenskoye.
In 1831, to cover the debts, the landowner A. A. Golitsyn, the daughter of Field Marshal A. A. Prozorovsky, built a textile factory in Ramenskoye. It did not last long: in 1843 the enterprise burned down, but in the same year the factory was leased and completely restored by P. S. Malyutin, and in 1856 the manager was appointed - F. M. Dmitriev. In the seventies of the XIX century, it was expanded and was already one of the largest textile enterprises in Russia.
Since 1924, Ramenskoye is the center of the county, in the middle of March 1926 it was given the status of a city, and from 1929 it becomes a district center.
Weather in Ramenskoye
The warmest month in the city is July, when the air warms up to +18.7 ° C on average. It is followed by August (+18.2 ° C), and the coolest summer month is June (+16 ° C).
In winter, the weather in Ramenskoye is quite comfortable: in January, the coldest month, the thermometer does not fall below -8.4 ° C. The sunniest month in this city is May.
Today the city of Ramenskoye, with an area of 59.46 km², is experiencing a rebirth. This is one of the most actively developing cities of the Moscow region, retaining its industrial significance and unique historical originality.
The RPKB Joint-Stock Company, the Central Scientific Research Institute “Proektstalkonstruktsiya”, RPP, the scientific institute “VNIIGeofizika” play an important role in the life of Ramensky and promote high-tech production in aircraft industry.
Cultural institutions are represented by the Orbita concert complex, the Yubileiny cinema, the Palace of Culture Vorovskogo, DK "Saturn".
In the city of Ramenskoye, Moscow Region, there is a Central District Hospital - the hospital for children with one thousand beds, an ambulance station, district clinics, and outpatient clinics.
The most famous of them is the famous Ramenskoye hippodrome, the place where horse competitions, exhibitions and auctions are held. Pupils of the equestrian club of the city repeatedly became winners of national and international competitions.
Most recently, a modern Borisoglebskoye sports complex has been commissioned. It hosts international wrestling, badminton, gymnastics and many other sports competitions.
The city is actively building houses. However, the construction of new quarters took place in such a way that in the vicinity of Ramenskoye no village was built up with multi-storey buildings. Due to this, the amazing nature of the Moscow region is preserved - meadows, river valleys, forests, which attract not only residents of Ramensky, but also Muscovites to these places.
The population of Ramensky
According to the data of 2017, 112989 people live in the city permanently. Looking at the graph, one can see a significant increase in the population of Ramenskoye over the past decade: from 82, 300 people in 2008 to 112989 people this year. By the number of inhabitants among the cities of Russia, Ramenskoye occupies one hundred and fifth place.
The textile industry in the city practically ceased to exist by 2007. The buildings of the spinning mill CJSC Ratex, formerly called the Red Banner, were leased. The economy of Ramenskoye is developing thanks to the work of the instrument-making, electrical engineering, mechanical and plant "Technopribor".
The food industry is represented by a dairy, meat and food plants. The oldest in the area, the largest meat-packing plant "Ramensky", supplies its products to neighboring regions: to Ryazan, Tula, Moscow regions and even to the capital.
The city is developing intensively cosmetic industry. The leader among the enterprises of this segment is LLC Bergus.
In 2007, on the basis of SPC "Technocomplex", which united the leading Russian instrument-makers, the concern "Avionics" began work in Ramenskoye. Its main task was to equip and modernize the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, to create aviation combat systems, to increase the export of military equipment. Since December 2007, according to a presidential decree V. V. Putin, Avionika has entered the list of strategic enterprises in Russia.
Ramenskoye is located on the Moscow-Ryazan railway. The city line includes Ramenskoye Station, as well as three platforms: 42 km, Fabrichnaya, 47 km. Most commuter trains heading to the suburbs, complete their route on a platform of 47 km. Here is the railway depot.
Transport in Ramenskoye works well: trains run to Moscow every ten to twenty minutes. In 2005, the movement of high-speed trains "Sputnik" was opened. Next to the station is the bus station, from which you can get to the Kotelniki metro station in Moscow, as well as to the cities of Bronnitsy and Zhukovsky. Public transport is represented by minibuses and buses.
There are several educational secondary schools in the city (No. 5, 6, 19, 8) and two evening ones. Experienced, loving teachers work in the schools of Ramensky. They teach children through innovative programs. Schools Ramensky convincingly prove that learning is easy, fun. Children's groups under the guidance of knowledgeable teachers achieve great success at All-Russian and international competitions and competitions.
Many secondary schools, in addition to the basic curriculum, offer a number of special courses that enable high school students to better prepare for admission to universities.
School of Music
This is one of the oldest schools in the city: it was opened in 1958. Ramenskaya Children's School No. 1 was initially located in the old one-story building. Despite this, she soon became popular among the young population of Ramenskoye. Soon she could no longer accommodate everyone who wanted to comprehend musical literacy.
In 1965, the school moved to a new room in the building of the DC "Saturn", where it continues to work at the present time. The seventies became the period of the formation of the school: during this period the first creative teams were created. Today, more than five hundred students study there.
The city's attractions
The city of Ramenskoye has a rich and interesting history. The sights, to which citizens are very sensitive, clearly illustrate how a small village has become a large modern city.
From the once magnificent Russian manor house today, only a half-ruined palace, the majestic Vladimir Church and an abandoned park with ponds have survived. Previously, the estate was called Marino. It was built in the second half of the XVIII century. It was founded by its first owner - the Governor-General of Moscow MM. Izmailov. The project of the manor in the neo-gothic style was created by the most talented architect Vasily Bazhenov.
He was invited to build a palace, but the master managed to create an amazing architectural and park ensemble, which included a park, a temple, a winter garden, ponds, a grotto and the Hermitage. Now only the foundation has been preserved from the former palace, as well as the ramps at the main entrance, since in the middle of the 19th century, the new owner of the estate, Illarion Vorontsov-Dashkov, invited an architect from Switzerland and rebuilt the palace.
The new building, built of red brick, turned out to be luxurious: a two-story spectacular building with a tower. And today inside the refined decor in the English style is preserved.
The temple is located in the former estate Bykovo. This is a real palace, made in the style of luxurious English castles. The facade of the building is decorated with twin bell towers and a snow-white stone staircase with an unusually beautiful balustrade.
The building is divided into two temples: the lower one, the Nativity of Christ, which is still active today, and the upper one, which was consecrated in honor of the icon of the Vladimir Mother of God.
The decor of the temple in the style of Russian Gothic is very beautiful. This can be seen, starting with the entrance frame, and ending with high sharp spiers. The interior of the temple is closer to the classical style: four groups of columns serve as a support for the arches, and in the interior decoration there is used artificial marble and wooden carving.
In 1937, the church, like most churches in Russia, was closed, and a sewing factory was placed in it. Only in 1989 the church was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church, large-scale restoration work took place in it, and the parishioners were again able to attend divine services.
This majestic five-domed stone church, built in 1852 at the expense of Princess Golitsyna, is impressive. Initially, the cathedral was built with three altars: consecrated in honor of the apostles Peter and Paul, St. Nicholas and the Holy Trinity. Much later, a refectory was added to it, which has two chapels, as well as a high bell tower, the author of which was Celer. These chapels were also consecrated: in honor of the Archangel Michael and the Assumption of the Mother of God. Today, the temple has a Sunday school and a charity canteen.
Trinity Cathedral has several revered shrines. These include the icon of John the Baptist, a list of the Jerusalem (miraculous) icon of the holy martyr Alexander (Parusnikov), who served in this temple, the icon of the Savior, as well as pieces of holy relics.
The main natural attraction of the city, as well as its symbol - two silvery wavy lines, are located on the coat of arms of the city of Ramenskoye. The name of the lake is a derivative from the names of the princes Gleb and Boris. They were the first saints who were canonized by the Orthodox Church. For the first time this body of water is mentioned in written documents dated to the XVI century. The lake has an area of almost fifteen hectares and more than twenty and a half meters in depth.
Palace of Sports "Borisoglebsky"
This sports multifunctional complex is located on the shore of the lake of the same name, in the city center, at ul. Makhova, 18. Recall the Ramensky index - 140100.
The main activity of the Borisoglebsky Sports Palace is aimed at the development and popularization of badminton. Nevertheless, the palace holds training sessions in other sports: basketball and volleyball, handball and futsal, boxing and combat sambo, wrestling and martial arts.
Near the complex there is a hotel complex for two hundred and fifty guests, the Saturn football stadium, a swimming pool, a volleyball court, a park area, and a hospital campus. During major competitions, firefighters, emergency personnel, and an ambulance team are on duty at the Palace of Sports.
The Borisoglebsky Sports Palace is a two-storey three-story building with an area of twelve thousand square meters. It is equipped according to European standards. In the palace there are:
- fitness room;
- game room;
- fourteen comfortable changing rooms with bathrooms and showers;
- doping control room;
- six rooms for coaches;
- press center;
- conference hall;
- VIP-room with a separate entrance, bar, elevator and lounge.
It is located in the city center. The park includes Borisoglebsky lake and the surrounding green spaces. The park covers an area of sixty hectares. Here, convenient footpaths are laid, playgrounds are built, numerous attractions are installed. In summer, the open-air dance floor "Lira" and several small cozy cafes are open. The park holds almost all city festivals and mass folk festivals.
Museum of military equipment
This is a very small museum, located in the open air in the city park. It consists of several fenced sites, on which samples of the latest military equipment are installed. The opening of the museum was a tribute to the memory of the soldiers who gave their lives on the fields of bloody battles in Afghanistan and Chechnya.
The open-air museum presents various artillery guns, armored personnel carriers, anti-aircraft missile systems, tanks. It is noteworthy that all samples of the equipment are allowed to touch with your hands and you can even climb them, which delights children.
Boris and Gleb Church
This is an old church, built on the lake by Count P. I. Musin-Pushkin on the site of a dilapidated wooden church. The church was built in 1725. It is consecrated in honor of the Holy Trinity. Adjacent to the church is a three-tiered bell tower, which was rebuilt at the end of the XIX century, and the refectory.
In 1929, the temple was closed, but not abandoned and turned into a warehouse. The local history museum began to work within these walls. The church was returned to the local community in 2007. In another four years, reconstruction was carried out and services were resumed.
Man-made reservoir, created on the site of a wetland in 1961 for the needs of the instrument-making plant. Its maximum depth is about four meters, and the water level almost does not change. Unfortunately, the territory surrounding the lake today is not in the best condition. Previously, it was landscaped: the coastline was lined with stone. There was a playground here, and in the center of the lake itself was a fountain. Today it all fell into disrepair. But local residents believe the promises of the city authorities in the near future to restore order here.