- Where is burdock arachnid found?
- Plant characteristic
- Chemical components
- Use in cosmetology
- Beneficial features
- The use of plants for food
- Interesting facts about the plant
Each gardener has repeatedly fought on the beds with a green weed, having large leaves and inflorescences-baskets with small hooks on the edges. This biennial plant is burdock arachnoid. The Aster family, to which it belongs, has 11 species. Almost all of its representatives are considered medicinal plants.
Where is burdock arachnid found?
The plant is very common. It can be found in the steppe zones and in the forests. Habitat - almost the entire Eurasian continent. This type of burdock can be seen in the Caucasus, in many European countries. In Russia, the plant is distributed even in the Far East and Siberia.
Large, small, and felt burdock are common on the territory of Russia. People call it burdock, burdock. The plant is quite unpretentious, is found on the roadsides, grows in landfills and under shrubs. The leaves of grass, growing, do not give the opportunity to grow a single plant next to him. If you met on your garden sweeping huge green leaves, you know - it is burdock cobweb. Photos of plants allows him not to be confused with any other.
Traditional medicine has long used the beneficial qualities of a plant to help the sick. After all, its leaves and roots are surprisingly rich in chemical composition.
|2||Acids (myristic, palmitated, steoric, linoleic, oleic)||67.8|
The leaves of the plant contain bitter substances, mucus, essential oils and trace elements, and the well-known vitamin C in them is many times more than in lemon, beet, and pepper. The burdock roots are also rich in useful ingredients. Yearly roots, sweet-tasting, are saturated with essential oils, protein and carotene. Harvest them in the fall, pre-washing, cutting into small pieces and drying in the shade.
Use in cosmetology
Many women use burdock oil to strengthen hair. Its fatty oils and phytosterols have a favorable effect on hair follicles. Perhaps this is the most affordable tool that can control the work of the sebaceous glands of the head. Even our great-grandmothers knew about this property, so they used burdock, spiderweb. Photos of plants can often be seen on shampoo bottles.
Burdock has a huge number of useful properties. Consider the main ones:
- Wound healing effect. Green leaves of the plant are used for burns, pre-crushed them. Kashitsa green, having an antibacterial property, promotes faster healing, relieves pain.
- Cancer prevention. Joint research of Indian and Russian chemists confirmed the ability of the plant roots to assist in the manifestations of melanoma. In the presence of internal tumors take the tool, which includes burdock roots, eggs and butter. May burdock leaves are especially appreciated.
- Used to maintain healthy liver. In her diseases, herbs are used, one of the components of which is burdock. The chemical components of the plant (carbon tetrachloride and acetaminophen) reduce inflammation and have a positive effect on liver cells.
- Help the digestive system. Herbal decoction treats diseases of the digestive system, such as ulcers, gastritis, dysbacteriosis. The mucous substances of the plant envelop the walls of the esophagus, protecting it from the effects of toxins. Infusions of seeds cleanse the body, while reducing the content of glucose in the blood.
- To support the immune system. In the period of autumn colds, burdock tea increases immune resistance, improves blood circulation, helping the body to resist viruses and bacteria.
- Diuretic action. In pharmaceutical kiosks, burdock is a common diuretic agent, the root system of which is filled with substances that stimulate the work of the kidneys and, as a result, perform the function of excreting slags.
- Help with allergic reactions. The ability of the plant to relieve the appearance of atypical dermatitis, characterized by itchy skin, is due to the ability of the burdock to inhibit genes and improve the quality of immune molecules. Dressings with decoction of the plant is applied to the affected places after mosquito bites and bees.
- Anti-infectious property. The active substance polyacetyl, a part of the phytochemical composition of the roots of the herb, resists infections, stimulating rapid healing.
- To improve the work of the heart. The high content of vitamin B 6 in burdock roots makes this plant indispensable for maintaining a healthy heart. A glass of warm tea with the addition of plant extract will provide a daily dose of this vitamin.
The use of plants for food
Do not rush to remove burdock cobwebs from their beds. What is this plant, says the fact that the Japanese specifically cultivate it, inventing many delicious dietary dishes not only from the leaves, but also from its roots.
Few people know that the root system of a plant over the summer accumulates inulin. Its amount reaches 45%. The substance belongs to dietary fiber, so necessary for normal digestion, acting as a prebiotic. In pharmacology, fructose is obtained from burdock extracts.
Green grass is used for making salads, added to garnishes, meat dishes, and chopped, cooked in milk, the roots of the hostess put in jam and syrups. Burdock well with sorrel in summer salads. Interesting tastes are fish dishes with boiled burdock roots. He will not spoil the meat dishes.
In summer, raw materials are stockpiled, marinating it with spices and vinegar.
Green burdock leaves and its roots should not be used when:
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the plant. Excessive use of ointments and tinctures can cause the manifestation of strong allergic reactions.
- When carrying a child, women should protect themselves from the use of ointments with burdock.
- Prolonged use of the extract can cause the exact opposite effect.
- Diseases of the digestive system with severe pain colic do not allow the use of herbs.
- Grass extracts should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
- Overdose with herb extracts can cause a change in the mental state in both children and adults.
Interesting facts about the plant
Burdock is an excellent honey plant and appreciated by beekeepers.
Under good conditions, the plant is able to exceed the growth rate of one and a half meters.
Thanks to the hooks on the flowers a zip was invented. Thorny inflorescences cling to clothes and animal hair, extending to long distances from the place of growth, and unpretentiousness allows the grass to grow in any, even the most inappropriate places.
Cooked sourdough from burdock raw materials can destroy garden pests without using chemicals.
Mixing the flour from the roots of the grass with rye, baked bread cakes, and roasted root added to coffee drinks.
Residents of the Caucasus and Siberia consider burdock a vegetable plant.
In common people, the phases often sound: “He hung his ears with a burdock, ” “as simple as a burdock, ” “fluffed up like a burdock, ” but this does not belittle the positive properties that a plant is capable of giving to a person.