- Alarm bells in March
- The decline of old Europe?
- "Evil Empire" is destroyed - the fighters remained
- "We are ours, we will build a new world"?
- Slogan One - "Islam is not part of Germany"
- The second slogan - "The refusal of the euro"
- The third slogan - "Restriction of party power"
- Fourth slogan - "Germany is obliged to become a member of the UN Security Council"
- Fifth slogan - "Climate protection waiver"
- The sixth slogan - "Return to nuclear energy"
- Germany: elections. “Alternative for Germany” improves results
It seems that the migration crisis is bringing the first fruits in Europe. In the regional elections in Germany, the leading party of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) loses to its closest political rivals. However, the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) almost always took its place. But in this election to the Bundestag, everything can be different - the right-wing party “Alternative for Germany” is gaining ratings and leading positions. We will tell about it in more detail below.
Alarm bells in March
In the March elections in 2016 in three German states, a shocking event occurred for many European politicians: for the first time two German party giants, the CDU and the SPD, began to lose to the third party.
The Christian Democrats, led by Merkel, lost the AdG even on their historical land - in Baden-Württemberg.
This indicates a serious dissatisfaction with the development vector pursued in the country, as the CDU today is the ruling party. The whole reason is serious failures in foreign policy, which provoked colossal problems within German society.
Today a new force is coming to the fore - the party “Alternative for Germany”. In the land of Saxony-Anhalt, she received more than 20 percent, overtaking the SPD more than doubled.
The decline of old Europe?
But the problem, called "Merkel and" Alternative for Germany ", is not only the Germans. In Europe, there is a change of the "old" system:
- The Christian democrats of post-war Italy are also a thing of the past.
- In Spain, there are constant political crises. The traditional center-right "People's Party" and the center-left "Socialist Party" have recently lost so many places that they are no longer able to create a majority coalition. Without the support of alternative parties, such as, for example, Civic Platform, they can no longer make their own decisions.
- The “United Kingdom Independence Party” in the UK is already forcing a review of the traditional system in this country. The recent referendum on secession from the European Union indicates a possible mass support of the party in the future.
- Alternatives to the “old”, traditional “Five Stars” parties in Italy, the “National Front” in France are also gaining popularity.
- A protest vote in the US presidential election also says that the Americans are dissatisfied with the current party system.
Thus, the “Alternative for Germany” is not the only phenomenon in a country of developed Europe. The transformation of the old political system is gaining momentum. But we will try to understand the causes of these processes.
"Evil Empire" is destroyed - the fighters remained
The reasons for such processes are that the political systems of Western countries were formed taking into account two circumstances:
- External enemy - the Soviet Union.
- Internal - the communist threat.
To date, neither the "Empire of Evil" nor the danger of the "red plague" is no more.
And the center-right and center-left party system remained.
In addition, Western politicians are increasingly moving away from reality. Their development course is aimed at the implementation of goals that are incomprehensible for ordinary voters.
The failed policy of fighting migrants, active financial support for Greece, Portugal, unaccepted population, foreign policy on confrontation in the world, economic sanctions against some countries, military intervention and the inability to resolve external conflicts that led to the influx of refugees - all this does not welcome the electorate. Year by year patience, apparently, comes to an end.
Conservatives in Europe seem to have forgotten about another problem - the ultra-right forces. The right-wing party “Alternative for Germany”, which gains a rating in the local territorial parliaments, is a clear proof of this.
"We are ours, we will build a new world"?
But what is the ideological platform of the new political force? What is the attitude of the Alternative for Germany party towards Russia? How can the bilateral relations of our countries change, if this particular party wins the federal elections to the Bundestag? Let's try to figure it out.
A new political force appeared in 2013. Many incorrectly refer to it as the party "Alternative." Germany was already talking about EU dissatisfaction. This is understandable: she almost single-handedly pulled on her shoulders the crisis countries of the EU: Greece, Portugal, some countries of Eastern Europe. But instead of gratitude for economic salvation, the Germans have to hear discontent from these countries. An example is Greece, whose financial assistance spawned a speech by Greek politicians who claimed that Germany was obliged to pay reparations to Athens for World War II.
The future leader of the party "Alternative for Germany" Frauke Petri heard these sentiments and created an alliance of eurosceptics with like-minded people.
After the creation of a political force, the AdG candidates immediately began to fight in elections for the land elections of the eight lands of the FRG. The results were quite successful - from 5.5 to 25 percent.
Today, according to opinion polls, it ranks third after the traditional CDU and SPD. But the slogans that the Alternative for Germany puts forward suggest that this is only the beginning.
Slogan One - "Islam is not part of Germany"
Tolerance and tolerance in Europe have led many Islamists to act as masters of the country. Cases of mass rape by immigrants from Arab republics, fights, and assaults on women with flowing hair are by no means a complete list of the actions that migrants take. AdG made it clear that it is an anti-Islamic party. She considers the norms of Sharia incompatible with the values of Europe.
The second slogan - "The refusal of the euro"
Also against the European currency, the party "Alternative for Germany." Party leader Frauke Petri said that if Germany does not stop experimenting with the euro, they intend to seek a referendum on leaving the EU. The recent brexit after Britain’s departure from the Union has shown that such appeals are not at all populist.
But AdG is not against Germany’s EU membership. On the contrary, it declares active participation in it, but only within the framework of economic cooperation. There should be no federalization of the EU into a single state following the example of the United States. The political union should turn back into the European Economic Community (EEC), as it was before 1992.
The third slogan - "Restriction of party power"
AdG proposes to hold referendums on key issues of Germany. There should be no backroom laws that most citizens do not support. It is necessary to change the system of the Bundestag and the Landtags, to reduce the deputies, to limit the Chancellor’s rule to two terms, to introduce an institution of elective presidential power.
Fourth slogan - "Germany is obliged to become a member of the UN Security Council"
As for the first three slogans of the ADG, they related to the internal affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany. Although the transformation of the EU into the EEC does not depend on Germany and is populism. This is traced in the fourth slogan - the desire to become a permanent member of the UN Security Council.
In addition, appeals in foreign policy slogans include:
- Against the creation of a European army. The call for the withdrawal of the Federal Republic of Germany from NATO was not approved by the ADG Congress.
- Restoration of a common military duty.
- Establishing close relations with Russia as one of the main security guarantors in the world.
Fifth slogan - "Climate protection waiver"
AdG for the first time publicly announced a mass conspiracy of European ecologists and politicians. The climate changes throughout the history of mankind. Global warming gives way to global cooling. These are inevitable processes in nature. Carbon dioxide emissions by mankind are a drop compared to how much the world’s ocean can “emit” of this gas during periodic climate changes.
AdG calls for protection of the environment, but refuses to recognize the 2000 law on renewable energy. According to party leaders, this regulatory legal act is an example of a planned economy related to the distribution of resources.
The sixth slogan - "Return to nuclear energy"
AdG also believes that it was wrong to abandon nuclear energy. The party intends in cases of victory in the elections to renew this resource, as well as to repeal the law on renewable energy and subsidies for wind and solar energy.
Germany: elections. “Alternative for Germany” improves results
With each electoral process, the party consolidates its own advantage:
- September 2013 - the first elections to the Bundestag. The result is 4.7%.
- May 2014 - elections to the European Parliament. The result is 7.1%.
- Elections to the Diet - up to 20%.
- The last election in Berlin - “Alternative for Germany” is ahead of the CDU Merkel party.
The election results make it clear that the "Alternative for Germany" can make adjustments to the modern political system of Germany. The era of the actual bipartisan system, in which only two forces - the CDU and the SPD - replace each other in the Bundestag, can end. Today there is a possibility that the center-right and center-right political forces will be replaced by right-wing radicals - the Alternative for Germany party. What will happen next in Europe and the world? Nobody knows that today.