- Unstoppable water power
- The highest waterfalls in the world
- The most beautiful waterfalls
- Rossi Falls
Water is one of the four elements. Many consider it soft, docile, devoid of any aggression and strength. But everything changes at that moment when the view of the waterfall opens before your eyes. When the noise of a thundering stream of water spreads throughout the district, overshadowing all other sounds. At this moment it seems that nothing in the world can stop a powerful giant.
But what is a waterfall? More precisely, what does it mean for us? Why every year millions of tourists seek to plan their route so that even the corner of his eye to see this natural phenomenon? And where are the most beautiful waterfalls in the world?
Unstoppable water power
Before we go on a trip to the most remote corners of the planet, we will stop for a moment and talk about rivers. Indeed, thanks to them, we were able to learn what a waterfall is. If it were not for their assertiveness and inflexibility, the water would not be able to reach the right place.
Each waterfall in this world originates from a river, and it does not matter whether it flows on the surface or it is an underground source. So, the waterfall is another element in a closed chain of the water cycle.
But all these are just words. What is more important is that he is able to awaken in us wonderful feelings, such as joy, admiration and the desire to become better. That is why we are so eager to see this wonderful creation of nature at least once in our life.
The highest waterfalls in the world
What most fascinates people in the waterfalls? The answer will be their strength and power, and they, in turn, depend on the height of the water fall and the flow velocity. That is why, for starters, you should make a small tour around the places where the highest waterfalls of the world are located. We present to the attention of the top three:
1. So, what is a waterfall is well known to the residents of Venezuela, because the territory of their country is the highest waterfall in the world. It was opened relatively recently, or more precisely, in 1935. The discovery itself belongs to the American pilot James Crawford Angel, who noticed him during the flight.
Since that time, the waterfall was named Angel (or Angel), its height is 978 meters. Every year it is visited by thousands of tourists, while they are not at all intimidated by the fact that they will have to go through the dense jungle to the waterfall.
2. On the territory of South Africa there is a large royal park Natal. This very picturesque piece of the black continent itself is a great place for tourism. But the special beauty gives him a waterfall Tugela, which is located on the slope of the Dragon Mountains.
The total height of the five water cascades is 948 m, which makes it the second largest. If you believe the tourists, then the best time to visit here is winter, since during this period the top of the waterfall is covered with a large snow cap. Sometimes it seems that a little more, and the waterfall itself will turn into a piece of ice, but still so far this has never happened.
3. In Norway, there are two of the highest waterfalls in Europe. The first is Utigord, its height is 800 meters. The second is the Monge, with a slightly smaller height of 774 meters. Given the virgin beauty of the local nature, Norway becomes the best option for those who want to see the highest waterfalls, without leaving Europe.
The most beautiful waterfalls
Tall does not mean the most beautiful. That is why we present the description of the three most wonderful waterfalls in the world. Indeed, without this it is simply impossible to understand what a waterfall is:
1. The first place legally belongs to the waterfall called Iguazu, it is located at the junction of Brazil and Argentina. To be precise, this is a whole system of boiling water streams, which form the letter "U". According to local scientists, there are more than 270 waterfalls with a total length of about 3 kilometers.
2. Next on the list is Croatia with its Plitvice waterfalls. They are located on the territory of the local reserve, so nature here has retained its original appearance. But the main feature of this place is the lake with crystal clear water. These reservoirs are located at different heights and are interconnected by cascades of waterfalls.
3. The most famous is Niagara Falls. This giant is in the United States, and millions of tourists visit it every year. Its main feature is accessibility, since you can get here on a regular bus from the nearest town.
But a river with a waterfall is not uncommon even in Russia, although they are not as big here as in other countries, they can please the eye no worse than others. Here is a small top of Russian waterfalls:
1. On the Central Siberian Plateau is Talnikovsky Falls. Its height is 600 meters, which can not but arouse admiration. The only negative is the inaccessibility of the region, which reduces the number of tourists who want to visit it.
2. The mountain system of the Sayans stores two great waterfalls: Grandiose and Kinzeluk. The height of the first is 200 m, and the second is 400 m.
3. In North Ossetia there is the Zeygelan waterfall. Since it became known quite recently, for many it is still a mystery. Yet the fact that its height is just over 650 meters makes it one of the highest waterfalls in Europe.