- Museum formation
- Times do not choose
- Klochkov House
- Trainers Museum
- The origin of the fleet
- On a note
The local history museum in Voronezh was given the opportunity to actively develop thanks to the scientific enthusiasm and active diligence of the first director, Stefan Zverev. A small exhibition, collected by enthusiasts and lovers of antiquity, huddled in several rented rooms. There were practically no prospects for creating a full-fledged collection, but a case had helped - at the excavations of the “Private Barrows” in the vicinity of Voronezh, Zverev found a unique silver cup, which, moreover, was well preserved. The find was presented to Tsar Nicholas II, the gift was greeted with gratitude, which resulted in a generous return gift - a separate building for the museum.
The opening of the provincial museum in Voronezh took place almost 125 years ago - in September 1894. At the first stage, three small rooms were allocated for the exposition, the entire collection consisted of donations and consisted of 2, 400 items. Replenishment of funds was a matter of honor, rarities were sought through archaeological excavations.
At that time, there were several places around Voronezh that were of great interest to historians - the ancient settlement near the Divnogorsk monastery, the “Khozarsky” ancient settlement, the kurgan in the village of Mazurki and the “Private burial mounds”. At each excavation site valuable artifacts were found, one of them contributed to the discovery of a new page in the development of the museum.
A bowl of silver from “Private Barrows”, presented to Emperor Nicholas II, turned the dreams of the first director Stefan Zverev into reality. For collections, the highest order in 1911 passed the building of the Voronezh Palace.
Times do not choose
The resulting areas were never mastered - for the museum halls, redevelopment of the inner rooms was required. It was started, but the work was not completed, the blame for this was global events - World War I, the revolution and the Civil War that followed did not contribute to the development of culture.
After 1917, all the aspirations of the staff of the museum consisted only in one thing - to save collections from the estates destroyed by historical whirlwinds. The process of nationalization has significantly increased the funds of art objects, art canvases, and various collections. Funds were replenished constantly, but few saw most of the exhibits. By the beginning of World War II, the Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore had a large collection of collections, more than 100 thousand items were in storage.
Military operations caused enormous damage to the entire city. Museum workers managed to send in evacuation only a small part of the wealth, most of the funds died. The resumption of work began in 1943 in the premises of the Anti-Religious Museum. In 1948, the institution returned the former building, but connected with the Art Museum.
In 1959, the final separation of the two cultural institutions took place, the Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore received a permanent place to house the main exposition - a building on Plekhanovskaya Street, building 29. The house is a historical heritage and architectural value, it was built in the late 19th century by merchant A. Klochkov and he was part of the ensemble of his country estate.
The building itself was intended to establish a school for blind children in it. A boarding school for visually impaired children worked in this house until 1941. After the war, it housed the regional executive committee of the city, and since the late 50s - the Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore.
The Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore contains in its structure 3 branches and a separate building of the depository. To date, the museum has about 177 thousand items, of which the main collection has more than 114 thousand items. More than 2.6 thousand m 2 were allocated for permanent expositions, temporary exhibitions are exhibited at 175 m 2, and 1.3 thousand m 2 are allocated for storing funds. The museum’s asset also includes a park area of 0.3 hectares.
Every year more than 96.5 thousand people visit the exposition of the Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore. Voronezh is a city where there are many historical sites, the flow of tourists from year to year only increases. Local history museum staff often hold exhibitions, give lectures, conduct educational and publishing activities welcoming the activity of tourists.
In each museum there is something to be proud of; in the funds of the Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore, the most valuable collections are:
- Ethnographic - more than 89 thousand household items and applied art.
- Philately, bonistics, numismatics - one of the extensive collections, where there are more than 35 thousand units of storage.
- Picturesque canvases, graphic works, sculpture - about 8 thousand objects.
- The “Weapon” collection will contain almost 450 unique pieces.
- A rare book - the collection consists of 5, 992 storage units belonging to different centuries.
During all the years of work, not only the museum funds increased, but also the scope of activities expanded, branches opened in Voronezh. Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore invites residents and visitors to visit all departments. The exposition of each museum reveals individual facets of the history of the region.
Branch "Arsenal" - here is the exposition devoted to the Great Patriotic War. The building was built in the 18th century and was part of a cloth factory owned by merchant Gardenin. In the 19th century, a warehouse was located here, in the second half of the 19th century the main entrance was decorated with a portico with columns, and internal and external reconstruction was carried out.
In 1910, the premises began to be used for weapons storage. In 1979, the building was placed at the disposal of the local history museum. The exhibition covers the fighting in the Voronezh region and the region, tells the story of the war of 1941-1945. Excursion - sightseeing by exposure.
The house-museum of A.L. Durov is the most creative and interesting object of the Voronezh Regional Museum. The mansion was built in the 1870s, the Durov bought it in 1901. The new owner, who is also a famous circus performer, expanded the house, making significant adjustments to the architecture of the building itself, placing a kind of museum in it. Buildings added to the main house, located on the site by a terrace, were tied together by a white staircase that descended to the river.
At the highest point, at the beginning of the stairs, there was a residential building and a gazebo with a playpen for animal training. In the middle part of the terrace were built the ruins of a medieval castle, it was possible to get into it through an underground passage. The premises were located dioramas, personally created by Durov, in the lower part of the castle the owner equipped the museum halls, where collections of paintings, antiques, sculptures, archaeological finds and a collection of ethnographic objects were exhibited.
The house-museum of Durov was friendly to the guests, everyone could visit the museum, and there was something to see - there were 20 sections in the catalog. In the same house was born the next star of the dynasty of trainers - Teresa Durova. Unfortunately, in the estate, not all survived. In the 1930s, wooden pavilions were dismantled, the collection of paintings died in the Great Patriotic War. After it, the remaining park buildings were dismantled. In the 1970s, a partial restoration of the appearance of the estate was carried out, in the 90s the house and park were restored.
The origin of the fleet
An exciting exposition is located in another branch of the State Budgetary Educational Institution of Education and Science "Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore", it is located on board a valid copy of the warship "Goto Predestination". The original was laid by Peter I in November 1698. For the first time, construction was carried out without the participation of foreign specialists, the tsar himself took the lead and control over the work, the correctness of their execution. The ship was launched in April 1700.
A copy was made by 2 companies - the masters of the Pavlovsky ship-repair factory worked on the metal case, the wooden superstructure was the work of the specialists of the Petrozavodsk enterprise “Varyag”. The museum on board the ship was opened on the Day of the Russian Navy - July 27, 2014. The exposition presents military equipment of the ship - 58 ancient cannons on two decks, on the vents stand out with stamps with the year of manufacture - 1700.
In the mess-room of the guests, Tsar Peter Alekseevich greets guests, here are also dioramas with mock-ups of the Voronezh shipyard, shipbuilding times, and art canvases depicting battles in which the ship Goto Predestination participated.
The interior of the ship looked like it was truly unknown; historians and craftsmen had to rely on descriptions, drawings and drawings of other ships of the same period. They say that everything is quite successful and looks luxurious. Not only the main parameters of the ship were observed, but also the rigging and all the smallest details of the ship.
Of interest are the items of life of sailors and officers - all presented rarities are originals. You can get to the museum from Wednesday to Sunday, tickets are purchased only on the day of the excursion, there is no pre-sale, in order to organize the excursion on a certain day, you must pre-register.
On a note
The branches of the museum conduct sightseeing tours of the stands and expositions. Cost of attendance:
- House-Museum of A. Durov - 80 rubles for adults, there are benefits. Excursion service for organized groups - 240 rubles.
- Ship-museum "Goto Predestination" - 200 rubles for adults, discounts for privileged categories of citizens and children.
The main address of the exposition of the Voronezh Regional Museum is Plekhanovskaya Street, building 29.
Visitors are offered excursions:
- Review "History of the Voronezh region."
- "Weapons of the 8th centuries".
- "Winged miracle."
- "The kingdom of animals."
Ticket price - 180 rubles for adults (the system of benefits provides a discount), excursion services - 200 - 240 rubles for organized groups.