- What are the sources of household savings?
- How to reduce bills for communal?
- We buy wisely
- How to eat tasty and inexpensive
- Four wheel friend - good or endless expenses?
- Saving in the household: useful tips
We all sometimes complain about the lack of money. But if you don’t be lazy and carefully calculate your expenses, then it turns out that we are paying a lot of money to the wind and don’t even notice it. As a result, there is no money, but there is no satisfaction from their use. Do you want to know what are the sources of savings in the household? How to save money without compromising quality of life? Read on and you will find many useful tips.
What are the sources of household savings?
To begin with, let's break down spending into main groups:
- Communal payments.
- Various purchases.
- Food expenses.
- The costs associated with maintaining the car.
- The cost of communication and banking services.
Now let's look at each group in more detail.
How to reduce bills for communal?
The rules of economy in the household can be started with a reduction in such a large expenditure item as payments for electricity, water, and gas. Use these tips:
- Change the old incandescent bulbs to energy-saving fluorescent. If possible, it is best to immediately switch to LED.
- When you do not need a computer, do not put it into sleep mode, but turn it off completely.
- Unused household appliances, even when disconnected, must be pulled out of the socket as they continue to consume a small amount of electricity. In order not to mess around with a dozen plugs each time, use a surge protector and turn off all the appliances with one button.
- Regularly clean the air conditioner, water heater, defrost the refrigerator. In a state of neglect, they are much less efficient and consume a lot of electricity.
- To save water, put special nozzles on the faucet and shower, which reduce its flow. Always fix the plumbing so that it does not leak.
- When brushing your teeth, put water in a cup, and do not leave it open. Remember, it saves not only money, but also natural resources.
- If your toilet does not regulate the amount of water to be drained, place a bottle of water in the tank. So its volume will decrease, and you will not overspend the liquid.
- If you have a non-insulated house, old windows and doors, then most of the cost of heating will go down the drain in the literal sense. Slots near windows, doorways, in places where communications enter a house or apartment are also a source of heat loss.
- Perhaps it will be more profitable for you not to pay the communal flat at average rates, but to supply meters.
We buy wisely
Unnecessary junk and unjustified expenses - home savings are struggling with all of this. Techniques that help avoid unnecessary spending:
- "Wait". Do not follow the impulse “Buy!” That appears in your head in the store. Wait at least a day before rushing to the cashier. During this time, you will soberly evaluate whether you need this or that thing.
- "Shopping list" - they say that all the tricks of the marketer are powerless in front of a man with a list where it is written what to buy. Here it is worth learning from the strong half of humanity and not to succumb to temptations.
- “Will this thing make me happier?” - ask yourself this question when buying. Is this really what you want to spend your hard-earned money or just a momentary desire?
How to eat tasty and inexpensive
What are the sources of savings in the household, if you have most of the money spent on food? In fact, there are many:
- Create a menu for the week, write down what products you need, and buy them once a week. Ideally, it is worth going to the market, there many products are cheaper.
- Even if finances are flooded like nightingales, this does not mean that you only need to eat pasta. You can make delicious and nutritious dishes from chicken, potatoes, cereals.
- Prepare lunch at work at home, it is much cheaper, and so you can eat healthy food.
- Cut the cost of going to cafes and restaurants. Today there are many step-by-step recipes with which you can feel like a chef. If you really do not want to stand at the stove, then you can set the table at home with dishes purchased in the culinary departments of hypermarkets.
- Avoid fast food, fast food, snacks and sweets. This food only contributes to the deterioration of your digestion and waste of money.
Four wheel friend - good or endless expenses?
Every motorist has to answer this question, and we only offer tips on how to save in a household if you have your own transport:
- Many studies have shown that fuel consumption affects not only the season, the quality of the road, the type of route (in the city or outside the city), but also the driving style. Moreover, this factor often outweighs the rest. Sharp acceleration and braking, jerks from a place significantly increase the “appetite” of the car. Smooth, accurate driving is not only fuel economy, but also safety and comfort.
- Maintain the car in good condition. Do not be lazy to undergo timely maintenance. If you are able to perform its basic elements yourself - this is very profitable, you will save a tidy sum in a year.
- Invest money in special additives that improve engine performance and help save fuel.
- Find travel companions to reduce costs if you travel frequently alone. Now it is easy to do with the help of special websites and applications.
- If there is no urgent need - go on foot or use public transport.
Saving in the household: useful tips
Here are some other tricks that will improve the state of the family budget:
- If you do not use a landline phone, then disable it. The same goes for cable and satellite channels that you don’t watch.
- Calculate the cost of mobile communications - perhaps there are more favorable rates. Do not overpay for services that you don’t use or that you don’t need much: a beep melody, subscriptions with weather forecasts, etc.
- Evaluate what expenses you incur in connection with the use of banking services - here, too, sometimes you can find a better offer. Knowledge of the tariffs of a financial institution will allow you to avoid mistakes that are costly. Weightedly approach to taking a loan - carefully read all the clauses of the contract and pay attention to the commission. For example, if you have a loan for 24 months and monthly you pay only 3% of the value of the goods (an example of a real loan program), then you will overpay 72% for the purchase.
Now you know what the sources of household economy are. In fact, this is only a small part of them, but try to apply this information, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the result.