Inexperienced housewives put clean dishes after washing in piles (one in another), thus saving space in a small kitchen. Yes, if we talk about the plates, the way is perfect. As for glasses, you'll have to sweat a lot to understand why this happened, and how to get a glass out of a glass if you are stuck in one another. Between the dishes formed a zone of reduced pressure. When attempting to disconnect the glasses, the pressure decreases even more. Because of this, the process of separation is complicated. After all, they can "stick together" forever.
Two simple methods how to pull a glass from a glass
- In this case, the well-known property of substances will help everyone - under the influence of low temperature, the object narrows and expands under high. In this case, it will turn out to pull a glass out of a glass, as in a physics lesson. To implement the idea you will need: a small saucepan, hot and icy water, in addition pieces of ice. Place the outer cup (bottom) in hot water, and pour cold water with ice into the inner cup. Important note - do not use boiling water, otherwise the glass may crack. After some time, make an attempt to pull the glass out of the glass as soon as the exposure to temperature begins. It is necessary to act with light, smooth movements without jerking to keep the dishes whole.
- The second, simpler option, how to pull a glass out of a glass, is to completely immerse the sealed containers in water at room temperature. After a time, the liquid will penetrate between the objects, create a slight pressure, pushing the inner glass. So there will be a chance to disconnect the devices. This method is not suitable for wine glasses or glasses made of thin glass, such material will not withstand the pressure and burst.
If attempts with hot and cold water were unsuccessful, you can try another option. For example, with sunflower oil, which is an ideal lubricant. If you smear glasses with vegetable oil, it will help minimize the friction force between them. Pour a few drops of sunflower oil into the junction of the glasses, allow the oil to flow down. Liquid soap has similar properties, therefore, in the absence of oil at hand, household chemicals can be used. So, the oil has penetrated down. You can pull the glass out of the glass, as described in the first method - smoothly and gently, twisting movements. The main task - to save the dishes.
Tips for young housewives
To keep your favorite dishes, it is better to adhere to the following rules:
- Do not stack glasses.
- Wash the glassware with soapy water with a nylon cloth.
- Three drops of blue, added to the water when washing dishes, will return crystal shine to the crystal set.
- It is not recommended to store glassware in a room with high humidity. This will increase the chance of microcracks.
- The correct storage space is a drawer or box. The bottom, covered with white cloth and paper, in which you need to wrap cutlery, will protect dishes from fingerprints and other dirt.