Viktor Nikolayevich Baranets today is a very significant military commentator in Russia. He was born in the Kharkiv region in 1946. Today he is a military journalist, writer and publicist, retired colonel. In 1965, he became a cadet in a tank regiment. So his fate is closely associated with the Armed Forces.
After the military school, Viktor Nikolaevich Baranets received a specialty “military journalist” in the academy. He was called to the Far East. There he served as a correspondent for the district and divisional newspapers. After moving to Germany, he began working in the local military publication "Soviet Army".
The service in the Armed Forces of Viktor Nikolayevich was very intense:
- Correspondent and deputy editor in the journal "Communist Armed Forces."
- Business trip to Afghanistan. Baranets spoke about what was happening on the battlefield in articles and, of course, books.
- Referent Chief in the Main Political Administration of the USSR.
- Military columnist in the newspaper Pravda.
- Advisor to the Chief of General Staff.
- Head of the Department of Information of the Ministry of Defense.
- Press Secretary of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation.
- Military columnist in the newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda, popular and well-known throughout the country. On the radio of the same name, he conducts his own program called “Military Revue of Colonel Barants”.
Baranets and Putin
Before 2012, Baranets Viktor Nikolayevich strongly criticized the policies of President Putin. The reason is the failure of the program to provide the dismissed military with housing and monetary allowances. When in 2011 Putin was pursuing a “straight line”, Baranets asked a question about this. The president praised the journalist for courage.
Since 2012, Baranets has become a trusted Putin. In the pre-election campaign of Vladimir Vladimirovich, he stood on his side, helped in debates, published campaign materials and articles in newspapers.
Today, Viktor Nikolayevich is a member of several Soviets of the Russian Federation by order of President Putin. In parallel with his public activities, he continues to work as a correspondent, presenter, and also writes his works.
Viktor Nikolayevich Baranets does not show his family photo. But it is certain that he is married. He has a son, Denis. He is the vice president of the largest bank in Russia - Gazprombank. In addition, under his supervision there are projects that relate to the housing and utilities reform.
Viktor Nikolaevich has a grandson who was born in 1999. Today, he and his matter live abroad, in France. He sings in the church choir.
Incredibly interesting and fruitful man Baranets Viktor Nikolayevich. His biography is full of events and facts. In his arsenal there are not only hundreds of articles in various newspapers, but also books that have been published in the circulation of several thousand copies:
- "Lost Army";
- “Yeltsin and his generals. Notes Colonel General Staff ";
- “Army of Russia. Defender or victim? ";
- "The General Staff without secrets."
In each of his works Baranets Viktor Nikolayevich tries to uncover the backstage of the military department. At the same time, he always stands solely on the side of the common people, trying to protect them from deception and corruption. That is why this man is respected and respected among all military personnel. And his articles and books are interesting and ordinary people.