Imprint in books and media plays the same role as a citizen's passport. Thanks to them, the reader can familiarize himself with the summary of the work, and the advertiser can see the print run of the print edition and, depending on this, calculate the effectiveness of the submitted ad.
What is the output?
Consider the definition of this concept. According to the standard, the output data is a set of information that characterizes the publication and is aimed at informing users, bibliographic processing and statistical accounting of publications. Their presence is mandatory and regulated at the legislative level. Information on what the output data is and what information should be included in this complex is contained in Article 27 of the Law of the Russian Federation “On Mass Media”, as well as the document developed by the Russian Book Chamber, entitled “The System of Standards on Information, Librarianship and Publishing ".
Violation of the system of publication of the output data causes administrative liability in the form of a fine. Also entails the confiscation of publications that do not comply with legislation.
The rules for the issuance of information included in the category "output data", the value of which is quite large, is one of the most important aspects of publishing.
Radio and TV Shows
The law “On Mass Media” is quite extensive. In it you can find information about what is the output of radio and television. Broadcasters must report this information without fail. Their standard imprint is the official name, call sign, as well as the logo or emblem.
Announcement of information about a radio station or a TV channel, according to the Law, should occur at least four times a day. However, basically these companies call themselves on the air much more often. After all, the name and logo is an important attribute of advertising and corporate style of the organization.
It is also necessary to announce the name of each new program that goes on the air.
Due to the fact that television in our time has a tangible impact on all segments of the population, as well as taking into account the content of some programs, media products that have a restriction to distribution and viewing should be marked with an appropriate sign.
Copies of broadcasting programs must contain such output data: name, date of broadcasting, last name and initials of the chief editor. As well as the circulation, the address of the editors, information on the availability of price or free distribution.
Imprint of periodicals
The main feature of the media is the regularity of its release. However, very often in the editorial office they forget to indicate this information. Sometimes they confuse the year and the date of foundation of the publication with the year and date of publication of the first issue.
In addition to this, for periodicals (except newspapers), the output is:
1. The title of the media in general and the current release.
2. Specification of the publisher.
3. Theme, type of publication, frequency, features of the issue.
4. Information about the editorial team.
6. Imprint (name; founder; editor-in-chief; number and date of issue; time to print (for newspapers); circulation; index; editorial, publishing and printing office addresses; price or “Free price” / “Free” notes; marking informational products in case the media content can harm children's audience).
7. Graduation information.
8. Classification indexes.
10. International serial number.
Imprint of newspapers have their own specific composition:
2. Sub-heading information (publisher, frequency, date of foundation, applications and parallel foreign language editions).
3. Release date of issue.
5. Graduation data.
6. Information about the editorial staff.
Imprint in books
Surely everyone was holding textbooks or novels in their hands. And what is the output in the books, everyone knows who at least once used the services of the library. Their presence greatly facilitates the search for the necessary literature and contributes to the efficient processing of publications.
The book's output should contain the following items:
1. Name (main, parallel, alternative).
2. Information about the author and those who contributed to the publication of the book.
3. Overhead data (the name of the organization that issues the publication, the series in which it is included).
4. Classification indexes.
5. Subheading data.
7. Release data (information on the state registration of the publisher, circulation, etc.).
9. Standard international numbers.
10. The layout of the catalog card.
All books in the territory of a particular country must contain an abstract and bibliographic data in the state language. The exceptions are publications in foreign languages, aimed at distribution abroad.